A Sampling of Accomplishments of Scholarship Recipients
- Robert Dean Smith – Tenor, since his spectacular debut at the Richard Wagner Bayreuth Festival in 1997 as Walther von Stolzing in Die Meistersinger, is singing in the world’s leading opera houses, including La Scala, the Metropolitan Opera, Chicago Lyric Opera and concert halls. His performances at the Met have included Tristan und Isolde, Tosca, Ariadne auf Naxos and Madame Butterfly.
- Martin Bruns – Baritone, is currently Professor of Voice at the Hochschule für Musik und Tanz in Cologne. Martin continues to have an active recital career in Europe, Canada and the United States.
- Daniel Ihn Kyu Lee – Baritone, has been a member of the Metropolitan Opera and made his successful European recital debut in Munich. He has received numerous awards, including those from the Caruso International Voice Competition and the Puccini Foundation.
- Ricardo Herrera – Baritone, is currently on the Vocal Faculty of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and is Director of the Opera Studio. Ricardo, who has been a frequent performer at the Caramoor Festival, continues an active recital career in the United States.
- Alexander Hajek – Baritone, is a member of the Semperoper in Dresden singing major roles and has performed with the Canadian Opera Company in Toronto. His awards include first prize in the Louis Quilico Competition and from The Oratorio Society of New York.
- Dusica Bijelic – Soprano, is currently a member of The Royal Opera at Covent Garden and performed the leading role of the Contessa in Il Viaggio a Reims at the Teatro Real in Madrid.